Approaches to Research
- Web-based survey data collection with peer support and advocacy organizations: Implications of participatory methods. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action, 2017.
- Peer Interviewers in Mental Health Services Research. Journal of Mental Health Training, Education, and Practice, 2016.
- Improving Capacity to Monitor and Support Sustainability of Mental Health Peer-Run Organizations. Psychiatric Services, 2014.
- A Mental Health Allocation and Planning Simulation Model: A Mental Health Planner’s Perspective. In Handbook of Healthcare Delivery Systems, 2010.
Health Equity & Social Movements
- Scaling Up Social Problems: Strategies for Solving Social Work’s Grand Challenges. Research on Social Work Practice, 2016.
- Measurement of Perceived and Technical Quality of Care for Depression in Racially and Ethnically Diverse Groups. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, 2016.
- Stigma and Difficulty Accessing Medical Care in a Sample of Adults with Serious Mental Illness. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 2014.
- Recovery in the USA: From Politics to Peer Support. International Review of Psychiatry, 2012.
- Medicaid Reimbursement of Mental Health Peer-Run Organizations: Results of a National Survey. Administration & Policy in Mental Health, 2015.
- Peer Respites: A Research and Practice Agenda. Psychiatric Services, 2015.
- Non-Profit Development and Leadership by People with Lived Experience: Characteristics of Mental Health Peer-Run Organizations Nationwide. Psychiatric Services, 2014
SYSTEMS CHANGE & FINANCING
- Progress Made But Much More To Be Done. In Public Mental Health, 2012.
- Medicare Mental Health Parity: A High Potential Change that is Long Overdue. Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research, 2010.
- Medicare and Mental Health Parity. Health Affairs, 2009.